Wild PEaches and Sparkling Wine...

The dream of something unlikely has its own special name. It's called hope. Yet our courage for life's journey so often falters because we've lost our hope for heaven.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Days Fly By

Whoa...
just in a span of a week, there's so much I wanna blog about but I can't tarry for too long. Work beckons madly and I can't afford to use too much of my office time to do stuff like this. Haha.

But in a nutshell,
Music Ministry Encounter was AMAZING! My first time doing a mime and dance in a thought-provoking skit written by Hsia Ling, Li Huan and Siew Ping. It was truely a divinely-inspired skit, and it was a lovely priviledge to see Ling's vision coming into being. And working with the dance girls, Deborah, and many others was great! I'm so glad God used the skit to speak to many people - even despite all our fumblings and last minute choreographies and frazzledness! That's truely humbling. When the success of a production is not based on how well prepared you are or how confident you are about the standard of your work, but on whether the Holy Spirit is present and whether it glorifies His name.
I received this revelation on the morning of that event - that we may build God's temple with our hands and effort, but it is only with our hearts - ready hearts - that we can usher in His presence.

Subsequently on Sunday, both Ling and I received separately the same message about putting on the armor of the Lord (Eph 6). She received it through a vision during adult service. As for myself, I got reminded of a dance workshop last year when a 70-yr-old dancer taught us how to animate putting on the armor of the Lord when we deal with spiritual warfare. I used it for Cluster (creative) worship subsequently, and with good input from SK as well. He reminded me of what Renita shared about building God's kingdom and the importance of arming ourselves as well (Neh 4). Cool!

Fishing season is coming up for junior cluster. I'm worried. Sigh. My cell girls are in the midst of exams and I can't really blame them for the lack of enthusiasm in bringing their friends. How do I keep my own enthusiasm to spread His love in the face of this apparent nonchalence from my own sheep, and in the face of such resistence from my other pre-believing friends?
Jesus - You ARE the only answer to all our problems. How then, can I get others to see this too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home